I think I've just figured out that if your ambitions are especially low, you have a much better chance at making them happen.
Yesterday, my only goals were:
1. Not to die (Totally nailed this one, although my loved ones tell me I look like death. They're nothing if not supportive.)
2. Try every single remedy suggested to me by my really smart, medically experienced blog commenters. (I almost nailed this one. I think I tried all but one, and it was only because when I found out how much this one medicine cost, I almost had a stroke.)
3. Read some of the blogs that I'm getting so far behind in reading. (I got through about half of my favorite blogs, and it made me feel better, even though I was getting dizzy toward the end.)
4. Think of something to blog about, and type it. (SCORE! I know this isn't exactly Shakespeare, but in my condition, I think it's pretty impressive.)
5. Figure out how to prop myself up just right so that I can sleep and not cough. (Almost mastered this one, and actually slept for an hour and a half. At one time. Why is it that if you ever finally get to sleep, when you haven't slept for a long, long time, and you really need to sleep, that the cats suddenly decide to chase each other around you in a circle like a herd of wild freaking elephants? They are so lucky I don't own a gun.)
Today my plan is to do all of the above, and add: Take a shower.
Baby steps. It's all baby steps.
Art Imitates Life
11 hours ago