On Saturday, I attended a meeting put on by the awesome, dedicated group of people who fought so hard and long to pass the legislation that will allow adult adoptees to have a copy of their original birth certificate. It was a two-hour meeting, followed by a lot of conversation in the parking lot. I learned a lot about what I have to do to make this actually happen for me, and I'm doing it. Today.
This means that, while I am scurrying around and making phone calls and driving to this-that-and-the-other place, I don't have much time for blogging today. Tomorrow, I will tell you all about it, and I hope to be sharing some really good news! Or not.
In the meantime, I got tagged for one of those MEME things. This is my first one, and I don't have time to tag a bunch of you (you're saved!), but I will perform my bloggy duties as follows:
Kim, over at Kim and Co., who is funny and often asks some very thought-provoking questions (go visit her) tagged me to list 10 random things about myself, so here goes.
1. I'm short - er, vertically challenged. Five feet, one inch, and too old to be comfortable with heels above 3" anymore. Sigh.
2. I love fire. Not in a bad pyromaniac way, but really really love it. Fireplaces, wood stoves, bonfires, fire pits, chimneas, candles. I could stare at fire for hours. I even kind of like gas grills.
3. I am a girly girl. I like girl things. Clean things. Pretty things. I do not like dirty things, or bugs, or mud or anything else that might get under my nails or on my clothes. It's kind of swimming upstream in this house, but I've learned to deal.
4. I can't bear to watch movies in which animals or children are hurt/killed/tortured. I think they should add another moving rating to the current system: WA (for Wuss Alert) that would let me know in advance so I can avoid them.
5. Adoption Reunions make me cry. Every time. I've stopped watching any of the shows that have them, including Oprah. It messes me up for a long time afterward.
6. I make all my own Christmas cards and gift tags. And birthday cards and thank you cards and thinking of you cards and get well cards. Sometimes even gift wrap. Rubber stamping rocks.
7. I play the piano. Well, I used to play a lot. Now I mostly play the upper part of Heart and Soul while my younger son plays the lower part.
8. I sang with the Sweet Adelines (women's barbershop style chorus) for 7 years and loved it. I'm taking a few years off because my life is a little hectic, but I hope to grow old and gray singing at the top of my lungs.
9. I love snowmen. LOVE LOVE LOVE them. Real ones, and pretend ones. They just make me happy.
10. I adore all you bloggy people. You have been universally the most welcoming people I think I have ever met. I admire your willingness to share your lives and am astounded that anyone takes time out of their day to share mine. You guys are awesome.
No Shoveling Today!
6 hours ago