Saturday, December 13, 2008

This is more like it

Yesterday, I ranted a bit about all-Christmas radio. I feel like they could do a better job of mixing it up, to say the least. There are so many great Christmas songs out there, I think we could not only skip the crappy ones, we could keep from repeating the same songs over and over until my head explodes. And yes, I could change the station, but I WANT to listen to Christmas music. Just better. If only I was in charge of the world.

So, since I've decided my weekend posts will be shorter and more fun, I present to you my nomination for FAVORITE CHRISTMAS SONG to NEVER GET ANY AIRPLAY:




This song makes me smile. Gotta love Barenaked Ladies. And ya gotta love a Christmas CD called Barenaked for the Holidays. Hope you have a great Saturday!

13 comments:

joanne said...

gotta love it ;) Enjoy the weekend M.E.

Bruno LoGreco said...

great song - who are they? I'm bad with music :(

Thanks for visiting Morning Java!

Unknown said...

You're so flippin cool

Kim said...

You can always count on the Barenaked Ladies!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

i have not ever heard that song before now... :)

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

One of the best concerts I've ever seen!

Hallie

Anonymous said...

See there are god things that come out of Canada!

Reddirt Woman said...

Alright, M.E.! Now we're getting down and dirty, getting to the nut-cutting, as it were... getting to the humaness of you, not all that fluffy and light stuff that you have projected so well. Welcome home to the real blogging world where you can be whom-ever or what-ever you want to be at any given time. And barenaked for Christmas sounds like something I need to run out and buy for myself.

Thanks for a great post!

Helen

As Cape Cod Turns said...

I am absolutely in complete agreement with you here! Why do all Christmas music radio stations play like the same 15 songs all day and skip the newer upbeat ones?!!! Let's start our own radio station next December?!

Cupcake Blonde said...

I love that song! And I have the same problem with my local station that is playing Christmas music. I have it set on that station to wake up to every morning and it seems the same songs get me out of bed each day. I swear if I hear Mariah Carey tell me what she wants for Christmas one more morning I am going to scream.

Unknown said...

aaah I love the Ladies. They went to highschool with a college friend of mine and I have loved them since 1990!!

Unknown said...

ME...fun song!

~AirmanMom returning to her blog...

Unknown said...

That was my daughters favorite Christmas album when she was little. She still LOVES it!